- 150 INR
Citrus fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges naturally contain citric acid, a mild organic acid. It appears as a white crystalline powder with a sour taste and the chemical formula C6H8O7. Citric acid is a common natural preservative, flavour enhancer, and pH adjuster used in the food and beverage industry. It gives goods like soft drinks, candies, and sauces a sour flavour. In addition, it works well to remove metal ions and enhance cleaning efficiency when used as a chelating agent in household and personal care products. Due to its safety and biodegradability, citric acid is also used in cosmetics, medicines, and water treatment.
Citric acid is a versatile and frequently utilised substance in several industries since it has a variety of properties and advantages:
Features of Citric Acid:
1. Citrus fruits naturally contain citric acid, which makes it a safe and environmentally beneficial ingredient in many applications.
2. It is a mild organic acid, which makes it soft on the skin and appropriate for a variety of formulations.
3. Crystalline powder: White crystalline powder, which is simple to handle and incorporate into many products, is the accessible form of citric acid.
4. It is easily soluble in water, making mixing it into other formulations simple.
Benefits of Citric Acid:
1. Food and beverage industry: Citric acid gives many items a tangy flavour while acting as a natural preservative that increases food and beverage shelf life.
2. Enhancer of flavour: It improves the flavour of food and beverages by adding a pleasant and reviving acidity to them.
3. Cleansing and descaling agent: Citric acid works as a chelating agent to efficiently remove metal ions and scale from cleaning solutions, improving cleaning effectiveness.
4. pH adjuster: Citric acid is a crucial component of cosmetics and personal care products because it may be used to modify the pH of various formulations.
5. Treatment of water: It is used to get rid of metal ions, lessen water hardness, and enhance water quality.
6. Applications in the pharmaceutical industry: Citric acid is used as an excipient in pharmaceuticals to help with the stability and solubility of the drugs.
Citric acid should be used properly and within specified limits because it can cause health problems like teeth erosion and digestive difficulties when used in excess.
- 10 Per Day
- 2 Days
- All India